Monday, January 23, 2006

Fundraising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society

This very special message is for the Cookie Fairy aka my little sis...

I have joined Hike for Discovery which is a nonprofit adventure training program that benefits The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Our big event this year will be hiking in the Grand Canyon, but I've set my sights higher than just training to hike into the canyon. I also aim to raise at least $3,700 to help find a cure for blood cancers, such as leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma, and Hodgkin's disease.

The money I raise will pay for support groups, educational programs, and financial planning for afflicted families. It will also fund grants for doctors who are working toward better treatments and a cure. Their efforts are critical, because blood cancers kill more children in the United States than any other cancer and strike even more adults. An estimated 114,530 new cases of blood cancers will be diagnosed nationwide this year alone; some 54,480 patients will lose the battle.

This is where, I'm hoping, you come in. Though I can do the training, I need your help to reach my fundraising goal. Every dollar you donate is tax deductible, and at least 75 cents of it goes directly toward research and patient services. If you would like to donate I have several options you can choose from. You can go to the following website: http://www.active.com/donate/hfdgmo/hfdCSkaggs and make a donation or you can let me know that you would like to donate and I have a form that can be filled out for those who want to donate with check or cash.

All donations are greatly appreciated and there is no donation too small. If you have any questions or would like to know more about the cause please let me know just post a comment and my sister Lodemai will email me your request.

As you can see this is very important to my sis so I chose this Artwork 'Sun Fairy' by Amy Brown. If you are ever blessed to meet The Cookie Fairy then you will understand she is truly the sun in ours lives.

No comments: