Okay my plan for today was to sleep in since I have the day off. NOT!!!
Around 5:20 this morning I hear the tornado sirens going off. Well my first thought was it's the first Monday of the month so it was a test. I just thought how rude to do it so early when it normally happens around 9:00 am. I lifted my head up when I see a big flash of lighting followed by the familiar crash of thunder I knew this was no test. I was on the second floor; I grab my 2 yr old and proceed to the main level. (Tessa is still fast asleep in my arms). Alexzander's room is in the basement and he was fast asleep and already the safest part of the house. So I flipped on channel 5 to see that a massive storm covered the St. Louis area; now all you can do is wait.
Living in the Midwest (even in St. Louis) you get use to this kind of thing. I should have know this would be coming it was just in the 20's then the last 2 days it has been in the high 50's this morning we hit the 60's prime time for tornados. We were lucky no tornados in the metro area but I'm sure the surrounding area got it worse you only need to drive about 20 minutes to be in the country. The most we got was a lot of wind and rain. As fast as it came it was gone.
Its now 10:00am and bright outside with a grey cast, I dropped my son off at school and kept my little one with me for the day. Now I have to start writing 'The Vault' is waiting to consume me.
What a start to 2006 (I wonder is this an omen)...
Lodemai
2 comments:
Thanks for stopping by my rather infrequently updated blog. Yes, I heard those sirens too - was stuck in the basement with my family at 5:30 a.m. wishing I was asleep. The sirens seemed unusually loud this time.
Don't think it is an omen... :)
I was just about to wish you a happy new year, and...this. Well, its a Monday.
I hope you and your family stay safe.
Post a Comment